Hello! Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek into my life and what inspires me.

Friday, February 8, 2013

Remains of the Day

I have had a great vacation at home so far! Why oh why can't I always Be home... Pout. Anywho!


I decided to sign up for a crafty class while home to break up my time spent crocheting crazy rainbow granny squares. So I signed up for Mary Ann Moss's Remains of the Day journal class!!! If you don't know who Mary Ann is then you need to get over to her blog ASAP. She's over at Dispatch from LA. She is fabulous!!! She makes amazing journals. Takes beautiful photos and is all around swell! So is her sister Carol over at Tall Tales from Kansas.


I absolutely love Mary Ann's classes. She is a gorilla crafter  There are no rules. Almost no measuring and nothing is ever supposed to be perfect!!! All of that sits fine with me. She is also super funny. I HIGHLY recommend taking any of her classes. They are well worth it!


So this is the journal I made! Remains of the Day is a journal making class that involves using what you already have in your craft arsenal and turning scrap fabric and paper into a beautiful and haphazard memory catching journal! I really like my first attempt. Took about two days time to make. Probably about five hours total? I think I'm going to make another one before its back to the real world on Monday. Whatcha think? Inspired to try?







2 comments:

  1. Ooooooh, that journal is GORGEOUS! I may have to make a raid on my stash, break out the sewing machine, and get started.
    Who's cooking for the next two days?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I can't wait to make another. I'm torn on whether to start using this one or start sewing again!!!

      Delete